Every child at Seymour School is part of our Smart School Council and can have their voice heard through participating in Class Meetings, starting an Action Team or speaking to the Communications Team.
The Communications Team are a group of KS2 children who help to run the Smart School Council and facilitate communication.
The Communications Team are responsible for:
- Promoting Pupil Voice around the school and trying to get everyone involved
- Reviewing applications for Action Teams and communicating the outcomes to children and staff
- Updating the Action Team board so that the other children know what is going on
- Setting the question for Class Meetings and sharing the data from previous meetings with the school
- Providing a lunchtime Smart School Council Surgery for children to discuss ideas they have
- Meeting with Mrs Sam Coase and the rest of the team fortnightly to fulfil their role
- Updating the Heads of School regularly about pupil actions for the newsletter