Governors & parents support the Head teacher & staff in encouraging all the pupils to wear school uniform.
All the children in our school, except the nursery classes (see Nursery prospectus), should wear school uniform. As well as being practical, uniform gives a sense of pride and commitment to the values of Seymour School.
Seymour School uniform consists of:
- Plain grey or black trousers – long or short
- Plain grey or black skirt or pinafore
- Red check summer dress
- Red sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- Plain red sweatshirt or cardigan
- Plain white shirt or polo shirt
- Sensible, low heeled black shoes; no boots or open-backed sandals
- Plain black or white trainers (if an alternative is worn for PE)
- Socks/tights should be plain white, red, grey, or black. (Socks must be worn with sandals.)
- Indoor/Summer PE kit – Plain red T shirt, black shorts and plimsolls
- Outdoor/Winter PE Kit – Plain sweat shirt, jog pants and trainers
** Please note that commercial sportswear is not acceptable school uniform or PE kit.
Whilst we expect all pupils to adhere to this uniform policy we are sensitive to the needs of different cultures and religions. Therefore should children be required to cover their heads then a traditional head covering may be worn but must be plain white. Equally if girls are to wear pajama or salwar these too must be plain white and worn with a pinafore or summer dress as a tunic.
All children must bring a coat to school in the cold weather. Red fleece jackets are available for purchase from the school office for outdoor use.
All items of clothing must be clearly labelled with the pupil’s name.
Children who have pierced ears may wear small studs to school but these must be removed for PE. If newly pierced, then studs must be covered with tape during any PE activity. Anything else could be dangerous and lead to accidents during PE lessons or in the playground. This is West Sussex policy. No other jewellery is permitted.
School Uniform is only available through our new Web Store.
Free delivery to the school for collection, although a home delivery option is available for a small charge.
If you require further information, you can pick up a price list from the school office, which also includes details on how to purchase your items online.
Please see our direct links below: