PE and Sport Premium
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing all schools with additional funding to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sport in schools. This funding is ring-fenced which means it can only be used for its specified purpose.
How are we using the Sports Premium?
For 2017-18 it is anticipated that Seymour School will receive an allocation of approximately £24,000. Funding will be used to:-
- Extend extra -curricular provision across the school
- Increase numbers of pupils engaging in extra- curricular activities by 10%
- Track SEN, Gifted & More Able, Pupil Premium and girls engaging in extra-curricular activities (ensure that % are in line or above all pupils)
- Increase level of participation in intra and inter school games competitions
- Raise awareness of Gifted and More Able (GAMA) children in school
- To increase staff confidence and competence in teaching all areas of PE including Outdoor Adventurous Activities
- Develop playground facilities to promote active playtimes
What difference has the funding made?
In 2016-17 the funding (£10,175) was targeted to support increased participation in extra- curricular sporting activities. Following consultation with the children, funding was used to extend the range of activities on offer. The programme of extra-curricular activities on offer was extended. Funding was used to train staff to support their delivery of these opportunities and the provision of financial subsidies to meet external provider costs.
28 sporting clubs were offered over the academic year. Sporting opportunities were offered across key stages 1 & 2 along with an Early Years club called ‘Let’s Get Moving’ which delivered fun activities aimed at increasing levels of physical activity for our younger pupils.